Fall in the Norfolk and Virginia Beach area can be a beautiful and enjoyable time, especially when your home is ready to keep you warm and cozy when the chilly weather moves in. This fall, help your heating system to perform its best with these fall HVAC maintenance tips.
Fall HVAC Maintenance Tips:
- Ensure that your attic is properly insulated. You’ll want to make sure the heat you pay for isn’t escaping through a drafty attic. Seal up any leaks that you find in the attic, as well as any leaks in your basement or crawlspace. Read more about how to inspect your homes insulation here.
- Use clear plastic sheets to insulate your windows. Place the heavy-duty sheets on the interior of your windows to keep your warm air in and the cold air out!
- Get a heating tune-up. Whether you have a boiler, furnace, heat-pump, or other heating unit, you’ll want to make sure it is ready to operate safely and efficiently all through fall and winter. Check out Energy Pro’s coupon for a complete furnace tune-up for just $75.
- Weatherstrip any door that leads to the outside. This is an inexpensive way to save on home heating costs.
- Clean your chimney. A clean chimney will be safer and will operate more effectively.
- Give your vents, ductwork, and baseboard heaters a thorough cleaning. This will not only help your heating unit to operate more efficiently, but it will also help improve your indoor air quality. If you can’t remember the last time your ducts were cleaned consider getting professional duct cleaning.
- Replace or clean furnace filters monthly. This will help to maximize your furnace’s efficiency.
For professional, hassle-free HVAC maintenance, contact the heating experts at Energy Pro Heating & Cooling!